No matter what you eat for Christmas, preparing a meal for many can be a minefield.
This holiday season, 7NEWS Brisbane brings you our Chef Series, with the best budget recipes easy to prepare at home.
Steamed baby grouper
For more Food related news and videos check out Food>>
(Gluten free, dairy free)
- 1 grouper 200g fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Citrus tapenade reduction
- 1 Litre Fish stock*
- *2 Litres fish stock (frames, onion, garlic, ginger, cook for 20 mins, strained and reduced by half)
- 2 oranges
- Orange zest
- Grated ginger
- Olive paste – blended Kalamata olives
- Olive oil
- Tamari soy
- Dark sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp TBDs chili oil
Three Blue Ducks Chilli oil
- Lt grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tbsp roasted Sichuan peppercorns (ground)
- 12 large red chillies
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp star anise
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 5g salt
- Heat to 110deg. Remove from heat and pour over the spices.
- Blend garlic and chili with a little oil and salt. Cook for 5 mins until aromatic, pour in the rest of the oil, and
- 2 green shallots(thinly sliced)
- 25g coriander( picked)
- 1 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
- Squeeze of lime
Whole dish instructions
- Make a fish stock with the bones, ginger, onion and garlic.
- Reduce and season with olive paste, soy, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and orange.
- Steam the fish until just cooked (around 10 mins)
- Put on a plate, spoon over 4 tbsp of the citrus tapenade sauce, and 3 tbsp of the chili oil.
- Top with salad garnish.
- 15-20 old or stale croissants and/or danishes
- 195g egg yolk
- 125g castor suger
- 60g Belgian white chocolate
- 900g thickened cream
- 50g cognac
- 100g raisans
- 1 bourbon vanilla bean
- 50g slivered almonds
- Pour cognac in a saucepan and burn off for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add thickened cream. Split vanilla bean in half (scraping out seeds first) and add.
- Bring to approximately 80 degrees simmer and stir in white chocolate.
- Pour over premixed egg yolk while stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Set aside
- Cut croissants and danishes and place in a pre-buttered cast iron pot.
- Pour over egg mixture and top with raisins and almosts.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 degrees for approximately 30-45 minutes
If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .
Source : 7news.com.au